Sunday, November 20, 2011

Drugstore Concealers and Eye Brighteners

After spending the past year in school, I didn't bother much with concealer or foundation. But I'm going to start working soon, so I am starting to look for good concealer options for my dark circles. I want to look polished and put together, I don't want to look tired!! I want to look awake and put together.

I decided to check out the drugstore, since I've seen a lot of positive reviews for budget concealers. 

I am VERY happy with these! They work really well for me. 

The first is a concealer by Physicians Formula, which is a medium coverage for me. It's their 'Concealer Twins Correct and Cover Cream' product. I got it in the shade yellow/light because i have blueish toned dark circles and the yellow cancels these out. Then the light covers up the yellow color. I have been applying primer to make it apply smoother, and set it with a light dusting of powder. 

I don't have problems with creasing when I use a primer. I personally love concealers with wands. I blend with my fingers, but I like being able to dab the product on where I want it first. Very easy to use. 

I got mine at CVS, I don't remember how much it cost, but on Physician Formulas website it was only $7.65. Great price!


The second product is Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser. (below) I got this after reading a review by blogger Veronika from Veronika's Blushing. I got it in the pinkish-beige shade, it's labeled 'Brightener'. 

I use this when I want light coverage and brightening. The product itself is very lightweight, and liquidy. 

I don't need to apply any primer with this, it stays put as is, and doesn't crease. Very speedy to apply!

I also bought this from CVS, and it was $7.99. 




No comments:

Post a Comment