Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beauty Army--Monthly Beauty Samples Box

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you what I got in my Beauty Army box, its like Birchbox, Glossybox, or any of the other beauty samples subscription services out there, really. It's $12 a month, or 12 months for $132. I've been really wanting to try out one of these suscription services, because I love packages in the mail and samples, and I think it's really a fun idea. I know you can go out and just pick up samples, but this way I get to sample products and companies I have never heard of, or don't have around here.

The main difference is that Beauty Army lets you choose your samples. You also fill out a Beauty Profile about your preferences, so perhaps that way their company can figure out what types of samples their customers are most interested in.

Here is my box!




I received:

Sun Fx Tan Extender 2.2 fl oz
Babor Cleansing Oils 10 mL each of Hy-Ol, and a Phytoactive Base Oil
Weleda Iris Facial Hydrating Lotion 0.17 oz
Shea Terra Organics Moroccan Argan Oil Sample, amount unlisted. Probably about 5-7mL
Lift Lab Lift and Firm Eye Cream, amount unlisted. Its the little white container above.
Cell Ceuticals Photo Defense Daily Skin Protector SPF 55+  .33 oz

What I think:

So far, I love the idea! It was fun to open up all my samples. I picked a lot of oils and moisturizers this month, because I am looking for a new facial moisturizer and new eye cream, and I am very interested in using oils to moisturize and cleanse.

I also like little sample containers to re-use when I go traveling, so that's nice as well. I will re-use these containers.

The box itself is very cute, and I will re-use that as well for storing makeup.


A quick side note, I went to Macys yesterday to get samples of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, and had such a rude experience with the sales person. I look young, and was casually dressed, and when I go to Macys like that, I usually can count on that reaction. How snooty! I am a paying customer, and purchase a lot of makeup each year. I told her I was deciding between the Intensity 2.0 and 3.0, and she told me in a rude way to only choose 1 shade to sample, whereas with other sales associate they would always give me 2 shades to take home and try on. I also got no assistance with her to try on the new EL blushes I had my eye on. Anyways, to add to my annoyance, when I got home the 2.0 shade was too light. Grrrrrr.

1 comment: