Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: My Thoughts on Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation


Have you tried this foundation? 

What Laura Mercier Says:

"Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation is a rich and luminous foundation offering full coverage while hydrating and protecting the skin. The long-wearing foundation evens out skin tones and increases skin luminosity and clarity for a radiant glow. Its rich, creamy texture glides over the skin effortlessly giving you ample playtime for perfect application and blendability. Perfect for rosacea and hard to cover pigmentation. Oil-free and ideal for all skin types."

Ingredients (Cashew Beige): Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, PEG-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Isononyl Isononanoate Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxstearate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Silk Powder (Serica), Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).


What I think:

This foundation is definitely a full coverage foundation. It has a beautiful finish at first, but on my skin type it is not long-wearing. It evens out skin tone, and minimizes my pores very well. It is a gel/thick creme consistency. You only need the smallest amount for your whole face. This justifies the $42 price tag, in terms of cost per wear. 

My skin is combination/oily and my T-zone definitely gets pretty oily only 4 hours later. I need to touch up and powder. The foundation will fade on my T zone and chin the fastest. 

The biggest drawback is it doesn't set well on me. Besides having my oil break through only 4 hours after application (which means this is not going to be good for work for me), it also transfers onto anything I touch all day. Meaning: clothes, anyone I hug!, tissue, ANYTHING. I have tried all different setting powders, and methods of application. I think it's just the way the foundation is on my skin. 

I wish it would set better, since I love the way it looks on my skin. I use the shade 'Cashew Beige'. It transfers too much for everyday, but this will definitely be part of my special occasion makeup, since did I also mention it looks amazing in pictures?





No comments:

Post a Comment